Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Quinn Did

3 posters

Go down

What Quinn Did Empty What Quinn Did

Post by Quinn Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:04 pm

So we had to write a short story for Creative Writing. So I wrote it about Quinn. I thought that I would share it with you all. I think it sorta sucks, but whatever. Hope you guys like it!

What Quinn Did

“All I need to do is hide the body,” Quinn said, talking to himself.
Stuffing the body in a long plastic garbage bag, Quinn tied the top closed with a thick rope. He dragged the body of a young strangled man into a small boat. Quinn paddled until he reached the deepest part of the river. He quickly tied a heavy rock to the bag, and tossing the bag in first, he dropped the body in the river…
Waking up in a cold sweat, Quinn sat up straight, terrified. It had been a week since that night, and he still had nightmares about it. He looked out the window, another sunny day, yet again, with birds singing joyfully. Those birds were mocking him. Pulling the covers off, Quinn stepped onto the cold hardwood floor of his bedroom. He stood up, and headed for the bathroom. Switching the lights on, he was able to look at his self in the mirror. His blond hair that went a little bit past his ears was messy with sleep, and his bright baby blue eyes were red and sleepy looking. Quinn was one of the taller boys, reaching at 6’1”. Being the star baseball player in his school, Quinn had a muscular build. He could get practically any girl he wanted, but he only wanted one girl, his best friend, Cray. Quinn took a whizz, washed his hands, then turned the water on cold, and splashed his face. Thank God it was Sunday, was all Quinn could think about right then, because he hated school, all they ever did was talk about Triston, and what happened to him. Cray, to his disappointment, hadn’t been in school since Monday.
“How long does it take to get over a man? Look at me, I’m right here, I’m so much better than Triston will ever be,” Quinn mumbled out loud.
Switching the bathroom light off, Quinn returned to his bedroom. He had about enough of Cray not calling him. He was her best friend for Christ sakes! Grabbing his cell phone, he texted to Cray, “Hey, what r u doing 2day?” and waited for a reply. He made sure his cell was on vibrate, and he slipped it in the pocket of his pajama pants. He sat back on his bed, and ran his fingers through his messy blond hair.
His brooding was interrupted by the sound of his mother’s voice calling, “Quinn! Come downstairs and get some breakfast!”
Quinn sighed, stood up, and headed downstairs to the kitchen.
“Good morning Mom,” Quinn mumbled when he sat in a stool behind the counter, “What’s for breakfast?”
“Bacon, sausage, and eggs, sweetie,” his mother replied, setting a plate of food in front of him.
Quinn’s mother was just as attractive as Quinn was. She was tall, thin, with blonde hair that went past her shoulders, and bright blue eyes like Quinn’s. Quinn began to absentmindedly cut at his sausage when his thigh started to vibrate. Excitedly he pulled his cell phone out, and checked his inbox. Cray replied, saying, “Nothing, y?” Texting back quickly Quinn sent, “I was wondering if u wanted 2 do something?” Quinn set his cell phone on the counter next to his plate, and by the time he was finished with breakfast, and heading back upstairs to his bedroom, he get a text back from Cray saying that she would like to do something, with a little smiley face. Quinn texted back telling her that he’ll get ready, and be at her house by noon. Quinn tossed his cell phone into his bed, went to the bathroom and took a shower. Without leaving the bathroom, he dried his hair, and brushed it off to the side. He flossed his teeth, brushed, and gargled mouth wash. Heading back to his bedroom, and picked out a pair of holy blue jeans, and a t-shirt that had the Hollister logo on the front of it. He grabbed his car keys, and headed down stairs, told his mother where he was going, said goodbye to his father, and bounded out the front door to his pride and joy, his black 1996 Monte Carlo. He pulled out of the driveway, and headed off to Cray’s house. He turned on the radio, and didn’t realize what the DJ was talking about until he actually listened,
“The body of 17-year-old Triston Gregory was found at the bottom of Grand River this morning at approximately six o’clock. Triston appeared to be strangled, and dumped into the river. There have so far been no leads as to who did this, but hopefully they will find the killer.”
Quinn’s heart beat a million miles an hour. He turned off the radio, and drove the rest of the way to Cray’s house, without a single thought. Quinn pulled into Cray’s driveway, turned off his car, and sat there. He felt numb, he couldn’t move. He didn’t leave his car until Cray’s big fat cat, Cookie, jumped on the hood of his car.
“Oh that cat,” Quinn grumbled as he left his car, “You know you’re not suppose to be outside!”
He heaved the giant cat into his arms, and carried it to the front door of Cray’s house. He rang to doorbell and waited. The door opened, and Cray’s mother opened the door. She had short brown hair, with gray eyes. She smiled,
“Hello Quinn…and Cookie.”
“Hey Mrs. Estron, where is Cray?” he asked her, while setting the fat cat down.
“She’s up stairs in her room,” Mrs. Estron replied, then a sad looked crossed her face, “It’s good that you’re hear…Cray just heard the news about Triston’s…body…”
Mrs. Estron sucked in air, to keep herself from crying and left towards the living room. Quinn watched her until she was gone, slipped off his shoes, and headed upstairs to Cray’s room. He stood in front of her bedroom door for a moment, and then knocked.
“C-coming,” Quinn heard Cray’s voice, she was crying.
Cray opened her bedroom door. Even though her eyes were red and swollen and her face was blotchy, Quinn thought she was still beautiful. Most people would have wondered why Quinn loved her so much. She wasn’t one of the pretty cheerleaders, although she was pretty. She hand long, dyed black hair, dark gray eyes, and her bottom lip was pierced, she had snake bites.
Cray looked up at her attractive best friend and moaned, “Oh Quinn!”
She flung herself into Quinn’s chest and sobbed. Quinn wrapped his arms around her, and rubbed her back soothingly. He walked her over to her bed, and sat her down, sitting next to her. For a while, the two sat in silence, until Cray finally spoke up,
“I can’t believe this has happened. Why did they kill my Triston? Why?”
Quinn knew why, because he stole Cray from him, but he would never tell anyone that. So instead Quinn sat in silence, and hugged Cray again.
“Hey, let’s not think about it,” Quinn finally spoke, “Why don’t we go out and do something? Maybe it’ll help you take your mind off of things.”
Cray nodded unenthusiastically, and then stood up. Quinn stood up with her.
“Let’s go to Starbucks and then the mall,” Cray suggested.
Quinn was surprised that she suggested something, but agreed wit her plans. He was going to let Cray do whatever she wanted to do today.

Later in the day, when Quinn and Cray’s day out was over, and he had dropped her off, Quinn pulled into his driveway, only to find a police car sitting in it. Quinn swore under his breath, and went inside. Sitting in the living room was his mother, his father, and two detectives.
“Mom, Dad? Is everything okay?” he asked, trying to sound as casual has he could.
His mother looked worried and his father looked, calm. His father beckoned Quinn into the living room, and he sat next to his mother. The tall muscled detective spoke first,
“Hello Quinn. My name is Detective Tom Smith, and this is my partner, Detective Matt Brown. We’re here to ask you a few questions about Triston Gregory.”
Quinn nodded at the two detectives, “Ask me anything you want,” he told them.
They went on asking Quinn questions about how Quinn knew Triston, if Triston has any enemies, and so on and so forth. When they left, they explained to Quinn that he wasn’t a suspect, and he had no need to worry. Quinn and his parents said goodbye to the detectives with a sigh of relief, and Quinn went upstairs to his bedroom, kissing his mother goodnight and saying goodnight to his father. Quinn jumped into his bed, and for the first night ever, he had a dreamless sleep.

Weeks went by, but Quinn’s one night of a dreamless sleep was a blessing before what haunted his dreams again. He kept having the same dream of him killing Triston over and over and over again. The guilt was making him mad. Until finally he couldn’t take it anymore. He was going to confess, he couldn’t take it anymore. First he would tell his parents, then he would tell Cray, then he would go to the police. When he told his parents, his mother had fainted and his father cried. But when he told Cray, she didn’t faint, she didn’t cry, instead she had hit Quinn. She hit him over and over until she collapsed and cried and screamed at him to leave. Quinn did, and then finally went to the police. He was thrown in jail, and eventually killed himself. The lives of the ones who knew Quinn would never be the same, because they all knew what Quinn did.
Quinn
Quinn
Supreme Overloridian

Number of posts : 1017
Character : Just a cute, weird, goofy guy...who killed someone.
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Character sheet
Eilemaiden: Ughdarras
Dæmon's Name: Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

What Quinn Did Empty Re: What Quinn Did

Post by Will Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Damn, Brenna.

I absolutely loved it. My kind of story rite thar.
Will
Will

Number of posts : 24
Character : asdf
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:52 pm

yay! thank yew!
:]
Quinn
Quinn
Supreme Overloridian

Number of posts : 1017
Character : Just a cute, weird, goofy guy...who killed someone.
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Character sheet
Eilemaiden: Ughdarras
Dæmon's Name: Rhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:18 pm

I love a happy ending.
Rowan
Rowan
Supreme Overloridian

Number of posts : 934
Character : Probably the most self-loathing, self-pitying, self-defeating clio in Amelia, yet for some reason everyone seems to like him. =]
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Character sheet
Eilemaiden: Dian
Dæmon's Name: Nym

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down