Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Settled

2 posters

Go down

Settled Empty Settled

Post by Avery Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Violet perched on Avery's shoulder, content with being carried, and still getting used to her new form. They had settled just two days earlier, marking the beginning of a new chapter in their lives, which would hopefully be an improvement over the old one.

Am I cute? Violet asked suddenly. Not being able to change shape made her feel self-conscious.

You're fine, Avery replied easily.

I didn't ask if I was fine, Violet said testily as the two of them sat down under a tree. I asked if I was CUTE.

You're ADORABLE, Avery replied with exaggerated emphasis. Can I go to sleep now, Vi?

Froom Valley was apparently THE place to go to relax or whatever, and Avery hadn't gotten any sleep in two days, so he thought maybe he'd try to get some sleep there so that he'd be able to stay up another night. After all, he'd need to make some extra cash if he wanted to afford a place to stay in Dian, and night was the best time to do it.
Avery
Avery

Number of posts : 56
Character : asdf
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Character sheet
Eilemaiden: Dian
Dæmon's Name: Violet

Back to top Go down

Settled Empty Re: Settled

Post by Lolita Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:18 pm

Lolita and Ely walked into Froom Valley, the two chattering quietly. It was a nice day, the wind was blowing slightly mixing the scent of the flowers with the salty ocean air and the sun was shining brightly. Because of the warmness Li wore a light white shirt and a purple and blue twirly, flowy skirt. It blew in the wind, blending in with the different colored daisies and babies breath that stuck out of Froom's tall grasses.

Clio and dæmon were talking about a small boy that had run into Li as they left the gully. He had been no taller than 4', and was running as if someone was chasing him. When he collided with Lolita he had looked up at her with the most amazing blue eyes before looking over his shoulder. Lolita's eyes followed his and through the crowd of people she saw what appeared to be the boys mother. She was a tall woman with bright red hair running and calling out "Peeeterrrr" angrily.

Lolita couldn't help but laugh as the boy took off running again without so much as a word to her.

It had been a funny experience and even now, about half an hour later, the image was still fresh in her mind. The small boy and his red haired, flushed-faced mother chasing after him.

She laughed out loud as Elyok pretended to be the mother.

"PEEEEETEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!"

Lolita

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Character sheet
Eilemaiden:
Dæmon's Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:25 pm

"PEEEEETEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!"

Avery opened his eyes to see a pretty blonde girl and a golden retriever several feet away. Hah, so much for the quiet, peaceful place he'd heard so much about. Oh well, what was one more sleepless day? He could handle that.

Violet, it seemed, didn't appear to agree as she stood up on her hind legs and screamed, "HEY, SHUT UP OVER THERE!"

Avery smiled a little and shook his head. This was going to be interesting, now, wasn't it?
Avery
Avery

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolita Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:37 pm

"HEY, SHUT UP OVER THERE!"

Li laughed at the tiny sounding female voice screaming at her dæmon. She was in a laughy sort of mood. Ely, on the other hand, was offended. So, obnoxiously, he shouted back, "HEY SHUT UP OVER THERE!"

Li laughed harder. Her dæmon was such a loser. She loved it. =D

She looked over in the direction the shout had come from, over a ways was a boy and his dæmon, lying in the grass. Lolita waved at them and started over. She didn't even think that perhaps the two wanted some alone time. In her mind, alone time didn't exist.

Lolita

Character sheet
Eilemaiden:
Dæmon's Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:41 pm

When the dog yelled back at Vi, she lunged after him with her fangs bared. Avery grabbed her by the tail mid-leap without reacting otherwise. Easy, easy, Vi, he said dryly.

The blonde girl waved and started walking towards them. Well, she seemed nice.

"Hey," he said when she was close enough to hear him.
Avery
Avery

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolita Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Li smiled widely when she saw the boy look at her.

As she came upon them, she pushed her hair out of her eyes and looked down at the two. Ely, though, was a little more wary and didn't approach as close. He stood nearby watching the two clio and the little ferret dæmon.

"Hi! I'm Lolita, but you can just call me Li. Who're you?" She talked brightly, matching the sunshine that shone all over the valley.

Lolita

Character sheet
Eilemaiden:
Dæmon's Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:00 pm

"I'm Avery," Avery replied, getting to his feet so that he didn't have to keep looking up at the girl from his spot under the tree. "This is Violet," he held up Vi, who was glaring at the dog. "She just settled, so she's a little...you know. Still getting used to it."

I'm a little WHAT? Vi demanded.

Bitchy, but I wasn't going to say that out loud, Avery replied with a mental smirk.
Avery
Avery

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolita Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:04 pm

Lolita giggled. "Yeah, when we settled Ely was all, 'No! It can't be! I'm a, I'm a... a dog?'"

She laughed again. Ely on the other hand gave her a glare then turned around and laid down. He was going to take a nap.

"Of course, he isn't really a dog. I am. If he was the clio I'm pretty sure I would have ended up something grouchy. Like a tom cat or something."

Lolita

Character sheet
Eilemaiden:
Dæmon's Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:12 pm

"I guess that's true," Avery shrugged. He never really knew much about which daemons fit which clio. He just knew he was a ferret. Which he probably never would have guessed before he settled.

He yawned; maybe staying up so long was going to take its toll after all. Maybe he should get some sleep tonight after all, and spend all of tomorrow trying to get money. Where could he go to sleep, though? Maybe he could just find some random guy or girl to take him back to their place. Maybe even this random girl, though he doubted it.

"So as a dog that makes you, what, loyal and hyper?" he asked, trying to keep the conversation going.
Avery
Avery

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolita Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:20 pm

Li laughed again. "You could say that. I think it's more that I'm just happy-go-lucky. I don't really pay attention to anything except if I'm having fun or not. And most of the time I am. I make friends easily because I can read them pretty well."

She paused for a second, thinking of why this boy had become a ferret.

"I'm guessing Violet became a ferret because you're outgoing and yet aggressive? Maybe you like to keep your territory just that, yours. I used to have a ferret when I was younger, she was like that. She loved being around people but she could be a real biter when she wanted to. And she sprayed things to let us know they were hers."

Lolita

Character sheet
Eilemaiden:
Dæmon's Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:25 pm

"I don't really have any 'territory'," Avery replied honestly. Li didn't need to know the details, so he left it as that. "I really don't know why Vi settled as a ferret. I mean, I know it's my personality, but I don't know what specific traits."
Avery
Avery

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolita Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:32 pm

Li shrugged. "Eh, who knows. Most people never truly understand who they are till their old and wrinkly." She wrinkled her nose as she spoke the word.

"So, what're you doing out here?"

Nosy. Ely sneered from his spot a few feet away.

I'm not nosy, Ely. Just curious.

Ely snorted.

Lolita

Character sheet
Eilemaiden:
Dæmon's Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:38 pm

"Trying to get some sleep," he replied with another yawn. "But it's cool, I'd rather talk to someone than sleep," he added just in case Li would feel bad about interrupting him.

"What about you?" he asked.
Avery
Avery

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolita Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:51 am

"I'm actually just on my way to the beach." She pointed towards the far end of the valley where it dropped off to the sandy shores of Repori Beach.

"Would you care to join me? It's a nice day for a swim." She smiled at him again.

Lolita

Character sheet
Eilemaiden:
Dæmon's Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:52 am

"Nah."
Avery